Apart from boosting the curb appeal of your house, cleaning your garage door will also represent an opportunity to inspect the mechanisms of the door and make sure that it is operating smoothly. Plus, when you eliminate the dirt and clean out the tracks, you will help to prolong the lifespan of your door.
To get started, you will need:
- A bucket
- A hose
- A soft cloth
- Dish soap or gentle detergent
Steps to Clean Your Garage Door
- Make your cleaning solution by mixing a mild detergent with water
- Wet the surface of the door using a hose
- Submerge the cloth in the solution and then gently scrub down the door
- Rinse off the soap
- Allow the door to dry
Now that the outside of your door is clean, you can follow the same procedure on the inside of the door. This way, you will get rid of the buildup of dirt or oil on that side of the door keeping it away from the tracks.
Avoid your garage door from fading and becoming dingy with these easy cleaning tips.
After Cleaning Tips
- If your garage door is metallic, you can apply a car wax to re-establish the luster of the metal.
- Look out for paint flakes or warped areas on painted doors. Repaint and refinish those areas to keep it from rusting.
- Perform a routine maintenance inspection to ensure that your door is working properly. Check the door springs and the opener.
- You could go the extra mile and declutter your garage.