Sometimes the things that offer us the most convenience in life can become very frustrating rather quickly. Take your garage door remote control for example. Most days you don’t even think about it; but then one day you’re coming home after running errands and the little box is lifeless. No matter how many times you push the button, you get nothing.
If you are the victim of an unresponsive garage door remote, here are some suggestions from the experts at One Clear Choice Doors:
- The number one reason for a garage door remote not working is that the battery is dead. Change the battery.
- The next step after you have changed the battery is to reprogram the remote.
- If you changed the battery and cannot reprogram, check to make sure the battery is installed correctly and try again.
- If you still cannot get it to work, check your garage door opener for receiver board failure. You will have to troubleshoot in your manual for this.
- If you have bought a new remote, make sure it is compatible. We do not recommend universal remotes.
If none of the above helps, call a technician at 303.565.6409. Asking a professional can help alleviate some of your frustration. If you do need a new remote, we carry garage door remotes from both Genie and LiftMaster.