GARAGE DOOR CABLES: REPLACEMENT PRICING
Garage Door Cables Replacement Pricing
What Are Garage Door Cables
Garage door cables Lift The Garage Door From The Bottom Fixture Using Energy Provided From The Spring System. Loaded Torsion Springs or Fully Wound Torsion Springs transfer Energy Through the Torsion Tube To The Torsion Cable Drums. Cables Spool Around the Torsion Drum and Connect To The Bottom Fixture in Order To Lift The Door. Unlike a Broken Garage Door Spring That Breaks Suddenly and ONLY When the Garage door is Down, Garage Door Cables will Usually give some warning before Complete Failure. We Recommend Replacing Garage Door Cables When First Signs Of Fatigue Are Visible. Here Are The Conditions That Would Initiate a Recommendation For Garage Door Cable Replacement:
Reasons for Garage Door Cable Replacement
Old Fatigued Garage Door Cables: Normal Garage Door Cable Wear and Tear
- Roping Garage Cable– First sign of fatigue. Caused By Stretching the Cable by The Torsion Drum and Weight OF The Garage Door.
- Looping Garage Door Cable – Second Sign Of Cable Fatigue. Caused By Excessive “Roping”. Basically Loose Loops Open Up On The Cable. This Looping Separates the Individual Cable Fibers and Increases The Risk Of Fraying.
- Fraying Garage Door Cable – Third Sign Of Cable Fatigue. Roping leads to Looping leads to Fraying. Visible Breaks in The Individual Fibers That Make Up A Garage Door Cable. From Here Garage Door Cable Replacement Is Strongly Recommended Even When It May Be The Only Problem Present.
Damaged Garage Door Cables: Damage Caused Outside Of Regular Use
- Kinks in Garage Door Cable – This Is Usually Caused When The Garage Door Cable Has Not Spooled On the Drum Correctly or A Garage door Off Track Condition. If The Cable Is Kinked then We Recommend Garage Door Cable Replacement To Prevent Fraying Or Potentially Future Spooling Problems.
- Fraying That Comes From Drum– The Drum Can Start to Lose its Cable Spooling Grooves. When These Flatten Out The Cable Will Rub on Itself and Cut The Fibers. Drums Can Form Burrs that Cut The Cable, and Drums Can Be Worn Down By the Cable Forming Sharp Edges that Can Cut the Cable Fibers.
- Cut Cable – DON’T. Do Not EVER Cut The Torsion Cable.
- Tangled Cable – This Can For Kinks
How do you know if you have a broken cable?
Typically you’ll see a wire/cable hanging near the garage door or you may also notice that the garage door springs look good and are not broken, but the door doesn’t work.
If you believe that the cable is broken and the door doesn’t open call a garage door pro – 303.565.6409.
The cable replacement is a straightforward but labor intensive repair. The technician also look for the reason for the cable breaking, e.g. were other worn or broken parts causing the cable breaking.
Cable Replacement Pricing
Regular Price: $225 includes tax and installation
Cables $75 (set of 2)
DISCOUNT AVAILABLE <69.00>
STANDARD GARAGE DOOR CABLE INSTALL 156.00 MUST MENTION THIS WEBSITE OFFER.
Cables are sold as a set (2).
GARAGE DOOR TORSION DRUMS AND CABLES WORK CLOSELY TOGETHER. BAD CABLES DAMAGE GARAGE DOOR DRUMS AND BAD GARAGE DOOR TORSION DRUMS DAMAGE GOOD CABLES. GARAGE DOOR DRUMS SHOULD BE REPLACED WITH THE CABLES OR ANY TIME THERE IS SCARING, SERRATION, FLATTENED RETAINING.
YOU CAN PREVENT YOUR GARAGE DOOR FROM COMING OFF TRACK WITH REGULAR GARAGE DOOR MAINTENANCE AND REPLACING PARTS PAST AGE AND LIFE EXPECTANCY.
69.00 discount Available On Cable Replacement Installation
**discount may not be used with any other discounts. Only available when replacing both cables Set (2)
THE TOP THREE REASONS A GARAGE DOOR WILL LOSE CABLE TENSION AND FALL OFF TRACK. ROLLERS, END BEARING PLATES, AND SPRINGS.
If a cable comes off the drum, Do NOT try to fix it yourself. We can fix this problem for very little more than a door service 98.00. Therefore, Let a garage door pro do the work. Garage Door Off Track Situations above Stage 5 are Almost Always Caused By The Home Owner Trying To Fix The Garage Door Problem Themselves.
How do Customers prevent a Garage Door Off Track Condition? Garage door service and regular maintenance can prevent Garage Doors From Coming “Off Track. Garage Doors Service and Garage door inspection Should Be done twice a year according to most manufactures. A Professional Garage Door Service should be done any time
- the door does not balance properly.
- A noisy Garage door is a good reason to get your garage door serviced. Noisy Garage Doors can be a good indication that a problem exist but is never in and of itself a cause of failure due to its subjective nature.
- If your Garage Door Opener Is Reversing Then Its Probably Because The Sensitivity Is Being Engaged. This Is A Warning That A Problem Exist. Never Turn Up Your Sensitivity To Over Come A Problem.
- Make Sure Your Sensitivity Is Reversing Properly. This IS in Your User Manual of Most Garage Door Openers and It Recommends Checking It on A Regular Basis. If you Don’t Know How Call Us For A Door And Opener Service and We Will Show You.
- Excessive Clutter in A Garage Can Cause Your Garage Door To Come Off Track. Anything That Binds The Garage Door Can Cause It To Come Off Track.
GARAGE DOOR OPENERS ARE BUILT WITH SENSITIVITY SETTINGS THAT ARE DESIGNED TO ALERT YOU OF POTENTIAL PROBLEMS. OLDER OPENERS MADE IT REALLY EASY TO ADJUST THE GARAGE DOOR OPENER “FORCE” SETTINGS.
THE OPENER FORCE SETTINGS SHOULD NEVER BE TURNED UP IN ORDER TO OVERCOME A PROBLEM WITH THE GARAGE DOOR THAT SHOULD BE RESOLVED WITH A GARAGE DOOR SERVICE OR REPAIR, BUT HOME OWNERS AND UN- PROFESSIONAL GARAGE DOOR TECHNICIANS ALIKE USED THE FORCE SETTINGS AS A QUICK FIX TO COVER UP A BIGGER PROBLEMS.
ULTIMATELY PUTTING THE ENTIRE GARAGE DOOR SYSTEM AT RISK FOR SEVERE FAILURE SUCH AS A GARAGE DOOR OFF TRACK SITUATION.
NEW GARAGE DOOR OPENERS HAVE ADDRESSED THIS PROBLEM. WHILE STILL EASY TO ADJUST THE SETTINGS IN THE OPENER WHEN NEEDED IT IS HARDER THAN JUST A THOUGHTLESS TURN OF A SCREW DRIVER.
GARAGE DOOR AND GARAGE DOOR OPENER MANUFACTURING COMPANIES RECOMMEND PROFESSIONAL GARAGE DOOR AND OPENER SERVICE AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR.
IF YOU HAVE AN OPENER THAT IS OLDER THAN 10 YEARS A NEW OPENER COULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO REMOVE THE RISK ASSOCIATED WITH OLDER OPENERS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN SERVICED REGULARLY OR PROPERLY.